Our History

Old Union Church, Forsyth Missouri

Old Union Church, Forsyth Missouri

Proud of Our Past;

Alive in Our Present;

Excited about Our Future!

Our church was originally established in Old Forsyth on September 5th, 1892, as the Old Union Church.  On August 4th, 1896, the Presbyterian Church was organized, and met in the Union Church building.  Due to the building of Bull Shoals Dam in 1950, the city of Forsyth was relocated to its present location, and the present church building was rebuilt on the new site.

In 1957, the church was reorganized, and became exclusively the Community Presbyterian Church.  As the Church continued to grow, more space was needed and the present office area, and Fellowship Hall, was added.

We are proud to have been an important part of Forsyth’s history, and the Welcome Mat is out for the future.  Join us in our adventure, as we continue to grow in discipleship, in prayer and study, and in The Holy Spirit.  We are the Community Church, located in the heart of Forsyth.

Spring flowers

Community Presbyterian Sanctuary